Your Right to Privacy
Stittsville Walk is committed to keeping your personal information private. We are dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
Collection of Information
As a Stittsville Walk customer, you may be asked to provide us with personal information relating to the purchase of a property or for the ensuing delivery of services such as repairs and maintenance, deficiencies, etc. You may also be providing us with information regarding your financial and employment status in order to facilitate property purchase or sale. In particular, in order to provide you with our wide variety of products and services, we may collect the following information when necessary:
• Contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone number, fax numbers and email address;
• Employment information, credit information and personal references of those who are applying for credit;
• Insurance-information; and
• Any other relevant information that is necessary to provide you with our products and services or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We may collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you directly and ensure that you agree. Our goal is to collect, use and disclose only that information reasonably required to enable us to provide the particular product or service that you have requested, to maintain our customer/visitor lists and/or to respond to your inquiries or obtain feedback.
Stittsville Walk does NOT collect individually identifiable data from its web site, other than information that you choose to provide via an electronic mail message. Even when you choose to give us this information, it is kept confidential. Like most web sites; we do use log files. When guests visit the Stittsville Walk web site, we collect some basic information regarding the use of our site. Information collected includes the amount of traffic visiting the site, which pages are visited and for how long. This information does not identify individual users. It is used only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns and to improve the quality of our site for our Customers.
Use of Personal Information
Stittsville Walk collects personal information in order to:
• Contact and correspond with you and to respond to your requests for product information (including by means of direct marketing), as well as to carry out the function of After Sales Customer Service;
• Complete business transactions with you and provide appropriate levels of service following the completion of a transaction such as an Agreement of Purchase and Sale of a New Home; • Use personal information at an aggregate level to improve the quality and efficiency of our products and services and to enhance our marketing efforts; and
• Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Personal information
Stittsville Walk will not transfer personal information to third parties, except for our business partners who have agreed to comply with legally required privacy standards, and who will use the information only for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection or for a use consistent with that purpose. In particular, Stittsville Walk may:
• Share personal information that we collect with other service providers, such as utilities, banking institutions, credit agencies, trades, suppliers, surveyors, engineers, consultants, lawyers and contractors, etc. who perform various functions to assist in our delivery of services to you;
• Provide personal information if necessary to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes or to the owners of properties we are providing management services to;
• utilize other companies and individuals to collect data, deliver products, send physical or electronic mail, analyze data, collate statistics, assist us in our marketing efforts, to comply with agreements with co-promotion partners and for various other services necessary for us to carry on our business and best serve our customers. We must rely solely on the representations of these companies and individuals that they have met our privacy standards. We cannot, however, warrant their compliance with these standards:
• employ other companies and individuals to perform functions with it or on its behalf, such as receiving and processing information from potential purchasers, answering requests for information, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, obtaining data, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service and may also work together with business partners regarding all or any of these tasks. These companies, individuals and business partners will have access only to the information that is needed to perform their functions. These companies, individuals and business partners do not have our authority to use the information for other purposes: and
• From time to time, provide personal information to a third party in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
Stittsville Walk may release the information when it believes release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of use of this Site and other agreements and to protect the rights, property or safety of Stittsville Walk and others who use this Site. This includes exchanging the information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Stittsville Walk will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose the Information for commercial purposes other than its own. If the information is to be disclosed other than as set out above, Stittsville Walk shall notify you through a notice on this Site to give you the opportunity to choose not to have the information so disclosed.
Other than as set forth above, Stittsville Walk will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personal information except to the extent reasonably necessary to: (i) process your information and to correct technical problems and malfunctions in the web site or the computer systems supporting the web site; (ii) protect the security and integrity of the web site; (iii) protect the rights and property of Stittsville Walk and others; (iv) take precautions against liability; (v) respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties; (vi) respond to judicial or administrative process or otherwise comply with applicable law; and (vii) to assist law enforcement agencies in connection with investigations or matters related to public safety.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Appropriate measures are in place to protect the privacy of your personal information against loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Our staff members are sensitive to the nature of the personal information collected. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure environment. Stittsville Walk takes technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect personal information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures to ensure that your personal information is only made available to such designated staff as necessary to carry out the stated purposes that we have communicated to you. We cannot warrant the security of any information received online and must advise you that any information that is transmitted electronically or via the internet is at your own risk.
Third Party Website Links
The Stittsville Walk web site may contain links to other web sites. Stittsville Walk is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these web sites. Furthermore, a link to another web site does not mean that Stittsville Walk endorses controls or accepts any responsibility for the content, security or the use of said web site.
Stittsville Walk will keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you.
If you request that your name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all your personal information due to technological and legal constraints.
Updates to this Policy